Hours of Operation
The Sid Richardson Museum is open by reservation only
Admission to the Museum is always free
Monday – Saturday: 10AM – 4PM
Closed Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day.
Closed at 4PM on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve.
Perfectly Located in Fort Worth
309 Main St
Fort Worth, TX 76102
The Sid Richardson Art Museum is located in the heart of downtown Fort Worth, in Historic Sundance Square. The Museum is close to the best of Fort Worth’s restaurant and entertainment offerings and is within walking distance of the Fort Worth Convention Center, Bass Performance Hall, and the Sundance Square Plaza.
Bring your parking ticket for free validation if you park in City Center Garage I, located at 201 Commerce Street, immediately north of 2nd Street or City Center Garage II, located in the 400 block of Calhoun Street.
The Museum is not offering guided tours of the collection at this time. We look forward to offering this service again in the near future. Please look to our website for updates regarding in-person touring.
Educational and fun events for children and adults
The Museum offers a variety of events that are designed to enhance the experience and understanding of our patrons.
The following policies are in place to protect the artwork and ensure that everyone has an enjoyable visit:
- To help us preserve the collection, we ask you not to touch the works of art. Please keep about two feet distance from the works of art.
- For the safety of our guests and staff, we require that you wear a face mask, covering the mouth and nose at all times while in the museum.
- Please practice social distancing and remain 6 feet away from anyone not in your household or group.
- The Museum has implemented increased cleaning of high traffic surfaces and hand sanitizing stations are accessible throughout the building.
- Photography is encouraged! Please remember to turn off your flash when taking pictures in the galleries. Tripods and selfie sticks are not allowed. Don’t forget to share your photo on Facebook or Instagram @sidrichardsonmuseum.
- We ask that all children be supervised by an adult.
- Strollers are welcome, however they must be operated by an adult.
- Trained service animals are welcome in the Museum (as defined by the ADA), however all other pets are not permitted at any time.
- Smoking is not permitted in the Museum.
- Weapons are not permitted in the Museum.
- Museum visitors are required to wear shirts and shoes
Admission to the Museum is always free.
Validated parking is available in all of the Sundance Square parking garages. Sundance Garage I is located at 201 Commerce, immediately north of 2nd Street. Sundance Garage II is located in the 400 block of Calhoun Street. Free weekday valet parking is available on the west side of Main Street at 3rd Street. Please bring your claim ticket to the Museum for validation.
Photography is permitted for personal use only. Please remember to turn off the flash. Monopods, tripods, selfie sticks, and video recording are not permitted in the gallery. Reproduction Rights are available for scholarly and commercial projects.
Visitor services staff are available to assist guests with information, and local directions.
In case of an accident or emergency, please contact a security officer.
Food and Packages
Food and beverages, packages, umbrellas, backpacks, and briefcases must be left at the security desk.
Restrooms and drinking fountains are located in group entry hallway.
The Museum is wheelchair accessible and one is available for use. Please ask security.