Bring the Sid Richardson Museum to your students. Our Virtual Field Trip will introduce you to our museum and art collection. Through pre-recorded videos, join museum educators as they guide discussions centered around paintings from the Sid Richardson Museum collection. Responses to each discussion can be offered as a class, a group, or individually. All video content is offered in English and Spanish.
Virtual Field Trips are FREE with registration.
Grade Level Field Trip Offerings
- 1-2nd Grade: Story Telling
- 3-5th Grade: The Storyteller’s Voice
- 6-12th Grade: The Storyteller’s Viewpoint: Realities and Myths
- Welcome video conveys the Sid Richardson mission and what to expect when visiting the museum. It can be used by teachers to prepare students before an in-house field trip in the future;
- Three “tour stop” videos for different grade levels which prompt conversation- based learning through guided questions.“Things to Think About” notes that offer concepts and ideas that will be covered in each level;
- Videos include an activity prompt as an opportunity for student engagement;
- Supplemental PDFs include further resources, information, and student activities;
- Content is suitable for classroom presentation by teachers and at-home parent/child conversations;
- TEKS integrated content.
- Participants will practice critical thinking skills ;
- Participants develop the ability to derive meaning from art;
- Participants will be introduced to new terminology used to speak about artwork;
- Participants develop visual literacy and communication skills through guided discussions;
- Participants develop confidence visiting an art museum through digital exposure;
- Participants reinforce their learning through hands-on activities.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be informed of release.