GUEST SERVICES ASSOCIATE, PART-TIME
Deadline: Open until filled
Reports to: Museum Director
About the Museum: The Sid Richardson Museum displays permanent and special exhibitions of paintings of the American West, including paintings by the premier Western artists, Frederic Remington and Charles M. Russell. The works are the legacy of the late oilman and philanthropist, Sid W. Richardson, and were acquired by him from 1942 until his death in 1959. Following Sid Richardson’s philosophy of helping others, this free Museum is open seven days a week and offers educational resources, tours, and programs for adults and children.
Job Summary: The Museum seeks a personable individual to provide outstanding customer service to Museum guests. The first point of contact, the Guest Services Associate, positively greets and welcomes guests, engages in effective interpersonal communication that makes guests feel welcome and comfortable, and shares information about Richardson, the collection, exhibits, and programs.
- Welcomes and assists guests with a focus on providing exceptional friendly service in daily, face-to-face contact with each guest, engaging them and making them feel welcome.
- Offers to relieve guests of beverages and any packages or items difficult to carry.
- In a friendly manner, shares appropriate information about the collection, exhibit, artists, and art processes, Sid Richardson, and downtown Fort Worth attractions.
- Explains museum etiquette to children and provides them with age-appropriate Museum activities.
- Manages tour bus arrivals. Provides an overview of collection. Speaks in front of groups in a clear, concise, engaging fashion following provided talking-points.
- Shares information about education/public programs/special events.
- Engages with visitors after they leave the gallery by answering questions they might have about paintings/artists, and invites them to sign the guest book.
- Assists visitors with travel information/directions.
- Answers Museum phone.
- Holds main entry doors open for guests who need assistance.
- Recognizes security issues and notifies appropriate personnel in timely manner.
- Assists staff during education or special events that occur on weekends.
- Attends occasional meetings during week for training opportunities.
- Assists with other duties as assigned by Director.
- Must enjoy working with the public.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, communicating clearly and congenially with patrons.
- Must be able to assess, prioritize, and multitask quickly and successfully while maintaining a high level of visitor engagement/satisfaction.
- Must be prompt and dependable.
- Must present a neat, professional appearance, in accordance with Museum dress code.
- Must learn about the Museum’s collection, local history and local cultural venues, and area restaurants.
- Must work cooperatively with staff.
- Must possess a basic understanding of computer programs such as Microsoft Office, Windows, Word, and Outlook Express, as well as skills in internet navigation and email systems.
- Must be able to work 9 – 15 + hours a week, alternating hours with another Museum staff member on Tuesdays – Thursdays, 11:00am-2:00pm; Fridays, 12:00pm-8:00pm; Saturdays, 9:00am-5:00pm; and Sundays, 12:00pm-5:00pm.
- Must have access to personal computer to receive updates from the Museum regarding schedules. Must respond to Museum staff regarding schedules/communications in a timely manner.
- Some college preferred.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish speaker preferred.
- Must be able to attend initial 20 hours of paid training; includes some weekday hours.
Employment Status: Part-time, 9 – 15 + hours a week, every other week (2-3 weekend days a month plus some weekdays), year-round, plus occasional hours during seasonal events (Main Street Arts Festival, holidays) or when Full-time Guest Services staff member is on vacation.
Regular Hours: Alternating, Tuesday – Thursday 11:00am-2:00pm, Friday 12:00pm-8:00pm, Saturday 9:00am-2:00pm or 12:00pm-5:00pm, and Sunday 12:00pm-5:00pm.
Compensation: $15.00 per hour
Weekend parking is free in designated City Center parking garages. When working during the week and occasional seasonal workday hours, validated parking is provided.
How To Apply: No calls or walk-ins. Mail resume with professional references and completed application form (printed on 8.5″ x 14″ paper) to:
Guest Services Associate
Sid Richardson Museum
309 Main Street
Fort Worth, Texas 76102
If you need more space for employment history, you may also complete and include the supplemental employment history form.
For questions, contact rgreen@SidRichardsonMuseum.org
- The Museum is a smoke-free environment.
- Candidate must pass criminal background check before beginning employment.